Join as a member
The Common House is run by its members. Any group is welcome to join the Common House – we ask that your activities and interests echo our Manifesto.
Why become a member?
- Take part in the running of the space
- Share your ideas, networks and skills
- Be interested in learning from other groups
- Builds commons infrastructures in London, and beyond!
- To have read and be supportive of the Common House principles as expressed in the manifesto (see below)
- Ensure a member of your group attends monthly assemblies
- Contribute financially (we need to collectively pay rent)
- Contribute at least 2 hours / month to the running of the Common House, this can be by:
- Taking part in a working-group
- Organising or helping at one-off Common House events
- Helping to facilitate a monthly assembly meeting
- Organise skill shares to help skill up other Common House groups
Become a friend of the Common House
If you are an individual interested in contributing to the project, you can also join as a friend of the Common House. Contributions in time, labour and money are all welcome!
To find out more, come along to our monthly assembly: first Sunday of every month from 2-5pm, with food sharing from 1-2pm (no obligation to bring anything).
Join a working group
We currently have four working groups: facilitation, new space, communications and finance and fundraising. All member groups are required to take part in at least one working group.