The following resources, equipment and tools are available at the Common House
- Meeting space – seats ca40
- 30 chairs (wooden folding chairs, two arm chairs), several big cushions
- 3 large meetings tables
- Whiteboard, marker pens
- Film Projector (+ blank wall to project on)
- Portable sound system
- Wifi (password is on the wall by the window near the hub)
- Kitchen for food prep with hobs, oven, fridge and washing machine
- Plates, bowls, mugs, cutlery – to cater for approx 35
- Pots and pans to cook food
- Washing machine
- Bathroom with tub
- Groups may BYOB or collect donations for food/drinks, but alcoholic beverages are not to be sold commercially out of the space
- Risograph printing press
- TechSpace: a number of PCs have been set up for the use of all. They have internet and are set up with Linux Mint and a range of free and open source software. Please don’t be intimidated if you are a Windows or Mac user – many of the programs work in a very similar way to their commercial equivalents, so the learning curve will be small.
>> details of what is on each machine. Autonomous Tech Fetish are running open sessions eon the second Saturday every month for people to drop in to introduce you to the machines – please see the calendar for when the next one is.
- 4 x megaphones
- Banner painting materials
- Kids Toy Cupboard (the large wooden cupboard in the main space)
- Baby changing matt and spare baby wipes
Because Common House is in a residential building we don’t host noisy events/parties.
Artists/curators please note: we don’t have the wall-space to exhibit art-works (other than the visual material produced by Common House users).